SDABridges: Stories from a SDAKinship Perspective
The SDAKinship perspective differs from the
philosophy promoted on the rest of
the GLAdventist site. While SDAKinship offers gay marriage as the
solution to homosexuality, the GLAdventist philosophy sees full
submission of sexuality to God as the solution. (See "A
Balanced View") Also see stories
from the GLAdventist perspective.
- Growing Up Gay and Adventist
- by Ron Lawson. After many prayers and attempts of orientation change
did not produced the desired change, Ron Lawson came out to family and
church and found acceptance.
- Journey of Pain
- by John Young (*pseudonym) Story of growing up Adventist and feeling
condemned, an encounter at an Exodus meeting, a marriage dissolved after
twenty years and hard-won self-acceptance.
- God Loves All of Me
- by Kyle (*pseudonym) This story, while written by a member of
SDAKinship, is not out of harmony with the philosophy promoted on
- My World
- by Mark Edwards*
The Adventist world can look very different from the perspective of a
- Philippine Memories of a Gay
- by Paq Mamahal* It's not easy growing up gay in the Philippines.
- Is Marriage the Answer?
- by Philip (*pseudonym)
Philip doesn't think so, and we don't think it's "the answer" either.
Yet heterosexual marriages can work for some gay men. See
Reluctant Homosexual, Forgiving Marriage for another
perspective on marriage.
Pastor, Husband, Homosexual
- PDF download)
Anonymous article in the 1999 July/August issue of
Also see these Stories
by Other Christians attracted to their own sex, as told
on our GLOW site.
(These are in harmony with the philosophy promoted by GLAdventist.)
* Pseudonyms are used by these writers for reasons that are probably
evident to the reader
14 Sep 2009 01:44 PM